Saturday, 12 December 2015

Straight To Hell - Guest Post


Today I am welcoming author Michelle Scott and her book, with a guest post...

About the book:

I, Lilith Straight, was the woman you always wanted to be. I was married to someone better looking than your husband, we lived in that house you always wanted. Within a year, however, all of that changed. My marriage dissolved, my house burned down, and my job hardly paid the bills. So when I was hit by a car and died, I thought my life couldn’t get any worse. Boy, was I wrong.
Hell was not the place I imagined. It was worse. During my brief stay, I learned some disturbing truths about my family. Most worryingly my ancestor’s deal with the devil promising him every female descendent as a succubus.
So these were my options: Life on earth as a soul-sucking seductress. Or death and pass the succubus baton to my sweet little daughter. There was no choice. Welcome to hell on earth, Lilith. Mother, teacher, wanton she-demon.

Buy links:




Guest Post

What I Want for Christmas – A Writer’s Wish List


It’s true – the best things in life are free.  On the other hand, some of these free things are very hard to come by.  This year, I’ve compiled a list of things that aren’t expensive, but at the same time are very elusive.  If I get just one of these gifts, I’d be a happy writer.

A Character Who Rocks My World

Don’t get me wrong – I love all of my characters.  However, there are only a select few who really make my blood run hot.  Sexy William from Straight to Hell is one of these.  I love fiery hot characters who make me weak in the knees.  I also like complex characters who aren’t always sure of their own motivations.  I like characters to grow and to breathe.  If I could have one of these next year, I’d do my happy dance.

A Perfect First Draft

Not that it will ever happen!  But just once, I’d love to type THE END on the last page of a manuscript knowing that nothing needed to be changed.  That I’d gotten it all right the first time around.  Unfortunately, in the real world, there are rough drafts and second drafts and third drafts.  And edits.  And then more edits.  It all comes together in the end, but I’d love to see it happen from the get go.

Two Solid Hours with No Interruptions

It never fails.  Every time I finally hit my rhythm and the words are coming freely, someone feels the need to walk into my office.  Maybe it’s my daughter wanting to know what’s for dinner.  Or perhaps it’s Bandit, our border collie, who has the sudden need to run outside and chase a squirrel.  It could even be my husband who wants to find out how my writing is going.  But there’s always someone (or something – like my cellphone) clamoring for my attention.  While it’s nice to be needed and loved, it’s also good to have some time alone!

Yes, these are gifts that I would treasure.  On the other hand, a lot of these things wouldn’t be nearly so satisfying if they came too easy.  After all, hard work is a part of the process of writing, and work is what makes the job fulfilling.  And as far as the (sometimes) overcrowded house goes, I do appreciate my family – even when they come knocking on my door!

*****************

About Michelle: 

Michelle Scott has been a fiction junkie all of her life.  Although she’ll read everything from literature to mystery to modern classics, she has a special penchant for urban fantasy. She is also a huge nerd and an unapologetic Doctor Who fan, preferring Tom Baker above all others.
In college, Michelle earned her BA in psychology and met the guy of her dreams. Thirty years later, she has never once used her psychology degree, but is still married to Mr. Right which proves that a good college education is worth every penny.
Currently, she is a straight-laced community college English teacher by day, while at night, she stalks supernatural beings in her hometown of Detroit. Michelle lives with her husband and three children, all of whom are addicted to Doctor. Who (and urban fantasy) as much as she.

Straight to Hell, book one of the Lilith Straight series, is available on Amazon.uk.
Michelle's website: www.mscottfiction.com
Find Michelle on Twitter: @mscottwriter

*****************
Thanks for stopping by, Michelle!

Tour hosted by



No comments:

Post a Comment