Thursday, 18 December 2014

Book Blitz: Where Dead Bodies Lie by Kat Cazanav


 

Where Dead Bodies Lie (The Body Dowser Series, #1)

Release Date: 12/16/14

Summary from Goodreads:

For as long as I can remember, I have been told to follow three important rules;
Always guard my ability
Never share my secret
And pretend to be normal.

However, those three little rules don’t make my life easier. I still find dead people and deal with strange visions. Not to mention, an attraction to a boy who doesn’t exist. Whenever we cross path’s he mists away like smoke on a mirror. He drives me crazy, that Kaff Cooper.

As a flock of dead crows fall from the blackened sky, Kaff becomes the only one who can see the truth straight to the dark underbelly of who I actually am.

My hands feel the pull to extract the forsaken, the lost, the forgotten. It comes as naturally as breathing and there is no stopping it. 





Buy Links:




EXCERPT

“If you need tutoring, I’m available. I aced anatomy last year.”

 
“I don’t need tutoring,” I said under my breath.
 
“Really? Then tell me the most important body part.” 

“Don’t be a perv.” 

His mouth spread into a crooked grin. “ You’re blushing.”

“Eff off.” Lightheadedness hit me hard. All of a sudden I was praying the hottest boy I’d ever seen would leave me alone. “I’ll get detention if I keep talking to you.”

He didn’t budge. “The most important body part is the mouth.”

“A mouth isn’t necessary for survival,” I snapped.

He locked his doe eyes on me. “Lips are pretty important.”

I stared straight ahead out of fear I’d stutter if I looked him straight on. “You may think a mouth is important, but guess what?” I was clearly falling apart. “If you didn’t have a mouth you’d breathe through your nose, eat through a tube, and type words with your big toe.”

He thought about this. “You’re missing the point. What about kissing?”
 

Kissing? Jezzzus. This guy was hard-core. His beautiful lips were important for kissing someone, just not me. I rubbed my sweaty hands on my skirt and scratched my throat to buy some time. “I usually don’t kiss guys I don’t know.”
 
He struggled not to laugh. “Thanks for the heads up but the point I was trying to make was without a mouth, nothing starts.”
 
“My throat tightened. “Starts what?”
 
“As an example? Well, ever heard the saying, ‘nothing starts without a kiss’?”
 
Heat rushed to my cheeks. “No, I’ve never heard that.”
 
“Well, now you have.” And then he delivered the most beautiful smile I’d ever seen.ockquote>
 
Guys like him went for shock value. They always did.





GIVEAWAY:

Book Blitz Organized by:

No comments:

Post a Comment