Tuesday, 29 April 2014

More Mortiswood cover art!

Lately I've worked on two covers: Underleaf (short story collection) and the second book in the Mortiswood Tales series, Kaelia Falling - which is due out at the end of summer. 

I love writing and I also really like creating covers but they are so time consuming! I spend quite a long time trawling the stock photo sites for a model with the right pose. I don't worry too much about clothing and hair as I edit all stock images I purchase. After making several different versions of the cover - one with bright flowers and toadstools instead of flames - I finally settled on this version . . .


It's on Goodreads and over on the Mortiswood blog.

Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I wish I had your talent for creating covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Glynis! I really enjoy cover work!

      Delete