Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Review: Strange Weather in Tokyo by Hiromi Kawakami

Strange Weather In TokyoStrange Weather In Tokyo by Hiromi Kawakami
My rating: 5 of 5 stars









This was a different, yet refreshing read for me. I've been reading in other genres lately so this made a nice change of pace. I found it to be a gentle, thoughtful tale. Both of the main characters are off-beat and slightly odd in their own ways, yet romance did blossom. I enjoyed the unburdened writing style and will definitely look out for more books by Hiromi Kawakami, which have been translated into English. Once I settled into this story I found time just flew past as I devoured it. It did bring a tear at the end. So, overall, a touching story.
*I won this proof copy book via a Goodreads giveaway*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment