Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Review: Bottles and Pots by Jacqueline Pye

Bottles and PotsBottles and Pots by Jacqueline Pye
My rating: 5 of 5 stars









Jacqueline's newest book is a short story collection of dark tales. It includes flash pieces, as well as longer stories. Some are poignant and thought-provoking, others full of twisted actions and thoughts. I enjoyed this collection but, of course I did have favourites! "Coming To Terms" - a tale of loss, "Cobwebs" - a story of bitter love and retribution, and "The Yellow Satchel" - of twisted love and too-late realisation, were three stories I particularly enjoyed. "The Game" also features in this collection and is a great read. In fact, there are more than just the four stories I've mentioned which resonate in the mind. Bottles and Pots is an interesting mix of stories that remain with the reader after the close of the page.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment