Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Review: Alchemy by Ailsa Abraham

This is a review for the prequel to Shaman's Drum (review of Shaman's Drum here).


AlchemyAlchemy by Ailsa Abraham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read Shaman's Drum last year and thoroughly enjoyed it and would have loved to discover more about the main characters Riga and Iamo so I eagerly wanted to read this prequel!

I found Ailsa's writing style a joy to read. Alchemy is full of interesting characters and I enjoyed the way they intertwine. I particularly liked finding out about Riga's and Iamo's lives when they were young, it gave further insight "into" them. It really does provide an interesting background journey to Shaman's Drum.

Again, the author has created a world that it is easy to relate to. In all, an entertaining, enjoyable tale with romance, adventure, terror, and magic - an invaluable prequel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment