Saturday, 8 February 2014

On The Page With . . . Mandy Baggot



Hello, Mandy, welcome to On the page with . . . Make yourself comfortable, I have some lovely local red wine and beef sausages, and I've made some leek, potato, and cheese veggie versions . . . best be quick - my pooch is eagerly eyeing them up!



To kick off, show us where the writing magic happens . . .

The desk is a complete mess at the moment. As I’m just about to launch my next book, Made in Nashville it’s covered with prizes, my diary which is full of scribbles and dates of appearances, tweets and schedules. It’s organised chaos! My dream is to have a dedicated writing room. *sighs* (Photo)



A dedicated writing room would be lovely! I write at my desk at the rear of my lounge. So, Mandy, if you were stranded on an island which of your characters would you most like to be marooned with, and why?

Definitely Nathan Regan, the bodyguard from my novel, Security. He’s an ex-special forces soldier so if anyone is going to be able to get us off the island it’s him. I can also imagine him hunting wild boar and building a boat...with his top off obviously!

He sure sounds a fantastic choice! What’s your favourite tipple to consume while writing? I like green tea and coffee (not together!) . . .

Tea – the normal kind with milk. I drink tea and water in the day time (don’t I sound good?!). Night time writing requires white wine!

I like your style, I do like a glass of white wine! How do you end your writing day?

Does it end? I always find myself working in some form from the moment I get up to the moment I actually fall asleep. I do like to check Twitter and Facebook in bed before I turn off the light. I think when you love what you do and it’s your own business, you’ll work all the time if your family will let you!

I completely understand! Tell me something non-author related about yourself, for example, I love shoes. I have a double closet in the hall and it is stacked floor to ceiling with boxes of footwear! 

I love handbags but they have to be just right. I’m fussy. They have to be big and the right colour. Ones with lots of pockets are my favourites!



You can never have too many handbags! I have a Siberian husky, can you share a snap of a pet?

I have two cats – both girls – called Kravitz and Springsteen (yes, after Lenny Kravitz and Bruce Springsteen). My husband, Mr Big, is a guitarist and it’s been a theme to call pets after famous axe men. He’s had a cat called Hendrix and a hamster called Clapton. This is Springsteen (photo).

How cute she is! "Paws Up!"


Are there any special offers/giveaways you are running at present? 

On the Made in Nashville blog tour you can win a Mandy Baggot ebook of your choice by commenting on the blog stops. I also have a Rafflecopter giveaway running where you can win signed books AND a Kobo Mini! Here’s the link to my competitions page of my website with all the details.



Made in Nashville...feel the country!

An on-stage attack left Honor Blackwood with more scars than just the one on her face. It’s been ten years since she left her spot as Nashville’s brightest country music star. Is now the time to return? And is she brave enough to do it?
Country rebel and rock star, Jared ‘Jed’ Marshall is hot property on the Tennessee music scene in more ways than one. He’s wild, he’s sexy and everybody wants a piece of him. But when he sets his sights on Honor, is it pure attraction or just distraction on his mind?

Honor’s record label sign the ex-boyfriend that dumped her and suddenly going back to her old life is harder than she thought. Can she get a new contract? Will she get to perform at the Marlon Festival? Or will Dan Steele destroy everything?

When a secret from the past becomes public knowledge it’s no longer just about the music. Are all the people in her life lying to her to get what they want? And who is really behind the anonymous gifts she keeps getting sent?

Join the country scene to find out!

Made in Nashville – where the off-stage action’s as hot as the music!

Where to buy Made in Nashville –           Amazon UK            AmazonUS 

 I have my copy of Made in Nashville, Mandy, and wish you lots of success with it! Thank you for dropping by, it's been lovely to have you here!

About Mandy:

Mandy Baggot is a romantic fiction author. In 2012 she won the Innovation in Romantic Fiction award at the UK’s Festival of Romance. Her self-published title, Strings Attached was also short-listed for the Best Author Published Read award.

Also in 2012 she signed with American publishing house, Sapphire Star Publishing, who produced her novels, Taking Charge and romantic suspense, Security.

In June 2013 she signed a two book deal with Harper Collins' digital first romance imprint, Harper Impulse.

She is a regular contributor to writing blogs and on-line magazine, Loveahappyending Lifestyle, www.loveahappyending.com 

Mandy loves mashed potato, white wine, country music, World’s Strongest Man, travel and handbags. She has appeared on ITV1’s Who Dares Sings and auditioned for The X-Factor.

Mandy is a member of the Romantic Novelists’ Association and lives near Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK with her husband, two daughters and cats, Kravitz and Springsteen.

Find Mandy and her books here:

Twitter:  @mandybaggot

* * * * * *

Thanks for stopping by and reading, check out other On The Page With . . . chats here. If you'd like to feature, or post about your new release please see my contact form here.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Gina! The sausages were great and so was the company!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, thanks for visiting - lovely to have you over! Wishing you lots of success with Made in Nashville.

      Delete
  2. Great interview, ladies. Congratulations, Mandy, on your book launch and it was great to meet you in the flesh at FoR. Hopefully we will meet again! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, and reading, Glynis!

      Delete