Monday, 18 June 2012

Lies Love Tells Launch! It's started!

Cover images and design by Gina Dickerson

Hello! Thanks for stopping by to read about/take part in the launch of my début novel, Lies Love Tells


Throughout the day I'll be giving away a signed paperback copy of  the novel, a mug, t-shirt, and other small goodies. As well as an ebook of the novel and a hardback mini-recipe book to the two winners of the Love Lie blog contest.


If you missed the earlier post with all the information about the launch, please click here. There's a rafflecopter comp to win an ebook on my blog here, which runs until friday. You can also join the event on Facebook where I'm giving away stuff now and throughout the day!




The main character of my novel has been rather busy and is sharing a Love Lie on her blog in the format of a short story. It has a really cool flipbook feature so please hop over and visit her! Here's the cover for her short story, what do you think?
Cover images by budazhok and filip323
Cover design by Gina Dickerson
Here are some Love Lies I thought I'd share, now I'm not saying whether they're mine or if they're made up, what do you think? What's the best (or worst) Love Lie you've told, and what's the most ridiculous you've had told to you?


1) Man struts into bedroom from shower smelling fresh, with wet hair and glistening skin. Woman appraises appreciatively until her eyes reach his feet. Yeurgh, what's that? Long, yellowed toenails? 


"Do you fancy it then?" Man raises eyebrows seductively, casting a glance at the bed.


Woman runs eyes regretfully over tanned torso. "Can't. I'm on my period. I'll see you when it's finished." Like when dogs sprout wings and start to fly.


2) Woman lounges on sofa while clean-shaven man readies to leave for weekend trip with friends. "Are you sure you don't want to come?" he asks with his soft voice.


Woman stretches languidly. "Nope, I'm looking forward to having the place to myself. I think I'll spend the time reading the new book I bought."


Man kisses woman on cheek before happily humming to self and scuttling away joyfully. Woman suspects he didn't really want her to accompany him anyway.


Woman slips on new jeans, spends an age accomplishing that hardly-there-make-up look before catching a taxi to town. She pushes open the door to a wine-bar.


"Hello," says a man, when she reaches him at the bar. "I was beginning to think you stood me up."


Woman wonders how long she'll have to wait to rub her fingers across the stubble on his chin and if it'll sound as bristly as it looks.


3) The photocopier room was always hot and stuffy. A large machine filled the majority of the floorspace. The woman, who was waiting for a new member of staff to join her for training, was becoming frustrated with having to wait for the other girl. A hand slipped around her waist making her jump.


"You're not supposed to be in here!" she hissed, spinning around to face the intruder.


A coy smile spread across the man's face as he lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her until her knees felt weak. 


"I won't tell if you won't," he murmured. His hands pushed roughly under her top and his fingers slipped inside her bra, his tweaking causing her to yelp delightedly.


"Cheeky!" she said with a laugh.


The man stiffened at the sound of approaching footsteps and rapidly withdrew his wandering hands. "Ah," he said as a younger woman entered the room. He turned back to the woman he had kissed. "Let me introduce you to my wife, today's her first day. I understand you'll be showing her the ropes."


* * *


Keep checking throughout the day where I'll be posting chances to win things both on here and in the Facebook event!


Lies Love Tells is available from Amazon, Amazon UK, Smashwords, Book Depository, WHSmith's, and other online retailers. Read a sample here (another flipbook!)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your launch, Gina! I did enjoy reading the love lies above, and Saze's blog is looking particularly spectacular today, I have to say. Have a wonderful launch party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! I'm loving the flipbook feature and can see it becoming easily addictive!

      Delete
  2. Whoop whoop! Many congrats on launch day, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Talli! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Congratulation Gina, I hope you'll do really well. It's a wonderful title and sounds a briliant read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, thank you very much! I have Houswife with a Half-life on my Kindle in my TBR list!

      Delete