Monday, 28 May 2012

Rebecca Emin's "When Dreams Come True" Launch Party!



Today's the official launch party of the book When Dreams Come True, which is for readers 10+ years, by Rebecca Emin and to celebrate Rebecca is hosting an online launch party about dreams and party-goers are sharing their dreams but firstly here's the cover, isn't it wonderful?

When Dreams Come True:

Charlie is happiest when biking with Max and Toby, or watching films with Allie. But when Charlie reaches year nine (age 13), everything begins to change.

As her friends develop new interests, Charlie's dreams become more frequent and vivid, and a family crisis tears her away from her friends.

How will Charlie react when old family secrets are revealed? Will her life change completely when some of her dreams start to come true?

Here's some various places you can buy it:



I really enjoyed this story! I slipped easily into the tale and was swept away with it. I found it fun, intriguing, and thought provoking with vivid descriptions and wonderful characters. I am sure older children/teen readers will find this delightful! 

So what dream am I going to share? I couldn't decide on a specific dream so here's a couple:

When I was very young (still in primary school) I would have a recurring dream that I was already half-asleep and reluctantly clambering up the stairs to bed but I couldn't climb over the top step. Why? Because the step was massive, like way bigger than I could reach my arms up. I would be jumping and trying to grab the top of it to pull myself up but I just couldn't! Luckily, this dream did definitely not come true!

Another recurring childhood dream again involved stairs (maybe I had some kind of stair-phobia?!) but this time I was in bed (obviously having climbed over the massive top step) and was fast asleep. In the dream I would wake up and the mattress would be floating above the bed before it floated right out of the room and down the stairs with me atop it. Maybe I watched too many films, like Bedknobs and Broomsticks perhaps?!

Floating/flying dreams visit me occasionally now I'm grown-up, the last being a rather vivid flying trip to a place I used to play as a child. Alas, this dream has not come true either! Many of my dreams now end up as short stories or ideas for my current work-in-progress, so I guess I'm  lucky that I can justifiably use dreaming as work research!

Find out about Rebecca:

Rebecca Emin lives in Oxfordshire, with her husband and three small children. 

Read her blog here, find out more about her other books, see the anthologies her work has featured in here, and visit Rebecca's site for younger readers.

Connect with Rebecca on Twitter and Facebook (FB is where Rebecca is holding her giveaways)

Please use the hashtag #WDCT if joining in with the launch on Twitter.




And finally here is a list of other blogs joining in with the dreaming fun:






8 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, and thanks for taking part in the launch today, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, Rebecca! What a fun idea!

      Delete
  2. Love the picture for the cover, pretty girl without being all glammed up.
    Love the colour on your blog, it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Charmaine, thank you re: blog colour. The cover of Rebecca's book is lovely, her eyes really sparkle.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you, Charmaine, I love visiting Gina's blog, it always makes me smile. Also about the girl on the cover - I was lucky enough to have the photographer offer to do a special photoshoot so I got the exact shot I wanted... she is a star I have to say.

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Rebecca! It's nice to hear my blog makes you smile! The model you chose for your cover is wonderful, I agree she is a star.

      Delete
  3. Wow, those are quite the dreams! Congrats to Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreams are strange I think! I don't envy your drowning one! http://talliroland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/dream-little-dream.html

      Delete