To claim this award I must share seven things that you may not know about me:
1) I adore vintage clothes. I love rifling through charity, thrift and vintage stores for hidden gems. I can spend hours scouring the pages of ebay for unique items.
2) If I don't eat grapefruit once a day I feel unhealthy. Weird, I know.
3) I'm always looking for something unusual to do with/to my home. For example in the lounge I've covered an entire wall with pictures of shoes and boots and made a lamp from a vintage hair-dressers head.
4) I left the "Brownies" after a few visits because I hated being told what to do. Also hated walking on stilts fashioned from huge food tins and string.
5) As a child I suffered from a recurring dream where my staircase had a massive top step that was so difficult to climb. Dreams like this have followed me into adulthood. In dreams I'm often pacing buildings with disjointed stairs, irregular sized steps and such obstacles.
6) Life feels lacking if I do not have a dog. I feel such rewards from my Siberian husky.
7) My fingernails never grow long. I don't bite them but they always stay short no matter how much miracle-promising varnish I slap on. (Gosh, that one was really interesting!)
I also have to pass this award to blogs I've recently discovered (I hope I've managed to pick people who've not yet received this!):
Lola Sharp at Sharp Pen/Dull Sword: Her blog about wanting a magical writing cottage has made me want one. Desperately.
Samantha Verant : I totally agree with her about Eric over Bill. Her blog on L'ile de Porquerolles is beautiful.
Jamie Burch at Dancing Down Serendipity Street: It feels magical entering her blog-world.
Liz Fichera: Always interesting to read, her Crock Pot blog has made me want to unpack mine and use it. It has been sitting in the cupboard for the past two years.
During the last fortnight I've been tied up in editing and cake making. Here's the cake I made recently for a cousin's 18th party: