Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Versatility & Cake Marathon

I'd like to begin with a huge thanks to Jenna Quentin for nominating me for "The Versatile Blogger" award. It is my first ever blog award!



To claim this award I must share seven things that you may not know about me:


1) I adore vintage clothes. I love rifling through charity, thrift and vintage stores for hidden gems. I can spend hours scouring the pages of ebay for unique items.


2) If I don't eat grapefruit once a day I feel unhealthy. Weird, I know.


3) I'm always looking for something unusual to do with/to my home. For example in the lounge I've covered an entire wall with pictures of shoes and boots and made a lamp from a vintage hair-dressers head. 


4) I left the "Brownies" after a few visits because I hated being told what to do. Also hated walking on stilts fashioned from huge food tins and string.


5) As a child I suffered from a recurring dream where my staircase had a massive top step that was so difficult to climb. Dreams like this have followed me into adulthood. In dreams I'm often pacing buildings with disjointed stairs, irregular sized steps and such obstacles. 


6) Life feels lacking if I do not have a dog. I feel such rewards from my Siberian husky.


7) My fingernails never grow long. I don't bite them but they always stay short no matter how much miracle-promising varnish I slap on. (Gosh, that one was really interesting!)


I also have to pass this award to blogs I've recently discovered (I hope I've managed to pick people who've not yet received this!):


Lola Sharp at Sharp Pen/Dull Sword: Her blog about wanting a magical writing cottage has made me want one. Desperately. 


Samantha Verant : I totally agree with her about Eric over Bill. Her blog on L'ile de Porquerolles is beautiful.


Jamie Burch at Dancing Down Serendipity Street: It feels magical entering her blog-world. 


Liz Fichera: Always interesting to read, her Crock Pot blog has made me want to unpack mine and use it. It has been sitting in the cupboard for the past two years.


During the last fortnight I've been tied up in editing and cake making. Here's the cake I made recently for a cousin's 18th party:





6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Gina. And OMG that cake. WOW! I couldn't eat anything that awesome...before taking many pictures. AND you are right. Dogs rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That cake is AMAZING! YOu are very talented and creative. *applause*
    Damn, girl. :)

    Also, CONGRATS on receiving your well deserved award!

    And THANK YOU for passing it along to me (and the others, whom I happen to love their blogs as well.). I am very grateful and honored. *hugs*

    That said, I'm the black hole of death to awards, the place blog-awards go to die. ;) I'm afraid I'm VERY, VERY behind on them. But, THANK YOU.

    I love your blog...it deserves a million awards. As do your cakes!

    Huggles and love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina .. if I can't post this because of the embedded box I'll try and email you ..

    Love the information people impart for their awards, always so interesting to read - the wallpaper of boots and shoes .. and I know you love clothes ..

    That cake is fantastic .. bet it was much admired and no wonder you're asked to do more ..

    Cheers and good luck with the editing .. Hilary
    http://www.positiveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina no such thing as too many pictures, nextt time just go and ignore son

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did I miss this? I'm sorry, Gina. Thank you SO much!!!! That cake looked amazing by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everyone, thanks for all of your comments! I seem to have dropped off the bloggersphere as I'm caught up in novel edits!

    ReplyDelete