Wednesday, 14 September 2011

'If I Could Be Anyone, I'd Be...'

Hello! Welcome! 

Pick up a glass and join me in celebrating the launch of 'Watching Willow Watts' by the fabulously talented, Talli Roland. Talli had the fun idea of a web splash: ‘If I Could Be Anyone, I’d be…’ Pop over to Talli’s blog for more details and to check out the other bloggers who’ve joined in.


About Watching Willow Watts

For Willow Watts, life has settled into a predictably dull routine: days behind the counter at her father’s antique shop and nights watching TV, as the pension-aged residents of Britain’s Ugliest Village bed down for yet another early night. But everything changes when a YouTube video of Willow’s epically embarrassing Marilyn Monroe impersonation gets millions of hits after a viewer spots Marilyn’s ghostly image in a frame.

Instantly, Willow’s town is overrun with fans flocking to see the ‘new Marilyn’. Egged on by the villagers – whose shops and businesses are cashing in – Willow embraces her new identity, dying her hair platinum and ramming herself full of cakes to achieve Marilyn’s legendary curves.

But when a former flame returns seeking the old Willow, Willow must decide: can she risk her stardom and her village’s newfound fortune on love, or is being Marilyn her ticket to happiness?

Head over to Amazon to welcome Willow into your home.


For my If I Could Be Anyone, I’d Be… I’ve chosen Lady Gaga!



Image CC Mark Holiday, MusicTrendsetter, Flickr. Here.

Why Lady Gaga?

Because I have hair not dissimilar? Maybe.

Because I adore her, crazy, emboldened, unique take on fashion? Absolutely! 

Because I wish I had the guts to wear whatever I wanted and not care if people laughed? Of course!

Okay, maybe not to wear the meat-dress, what with being vegetarian and all.

I admire her fearlessness, her passion for her fans and always enjoy her music. So below I’ve, err, attempted to recreate some of her looks. Maybe recreate is too strong a word. Looks inspired by Lady Gaga would probably be a better description. Laughing is allowed. As is consumption of bubbly drinks from the grape family or copious amounts of coffee.


Trying out Lady Gaga inspired make-up.



Donning Lady Gaga-style, I made the hat and painted it, choosing an eye for the 'watching'. Bag by Fuzzy Nation, feather cape from ASOS, vintage 80's dress teamed with shoes I decorated myself. (Featured in blog Unusual Shoes.) I am smiling even though it doesn't look like it with the strange lipstick!



Even the dog likes dressing up!



Attempting the leather jacket, cans-in-hair look!


The perfect way to end: A tribute to Talli's 'Watching Willow Watts' AND posing in a Lady Gaga type style!

Go on, take Willow home...Watts you waiting for?



And if you've missed them here are the links:
Talli Roland's Blog 
'Watching Willow Watts' on Amazon UK or Amazon.com




57 comments:

  1. WOW! You look FANTASTIC! You've done such a great job; I'm super impressed!

    Thanks so much for taking part. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Talli! I really enjoyed it.

    Really love 'Watching Willow Watts'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD. You are AWESOME! Forget about Gaga! Those pictures RAWK!

    Love your post!

    Dare to follow your heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely GAGA and fantastic Gina - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Janice! I do admire Lady Gaga's passion for fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! What a fab set of photos, Gina! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the hat! Can't say I'm a Gaga fan, but I have a lot of respect for her. It would be interesting to see what she's doing when she's 60 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol- Oh yes, it would def be fun to go gaga for a day! Great pics! And nice to 'meet' you! You've got such a fun blog:) New follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Yes, to unleash creativity on an outfit for everyday would be fun. May attract some strange glances if I actually ventured outside dressed like this though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lady Gaga is so cool! She does have the most unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great reasons to choose Lady Gaga-I'm not a fan of her meat dress either, but I do like her music :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Rachel! I really enjoy photography.

    Thanks, Bish. Yes, it'll be very interesting to see Lady Gaga older. Maybe the fashion will have been toned down a tad by then...maybe not!

    Hi Katie (Creepy Query Girl), thanks!

    Hi Clarissa, yes she is!

    Hi Morgan, the music is great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, you put a lot of effort into this post! And you look INCREDIBLE as a Lady Gaga recreator! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Rachel. I think I got a tad carried away, I started preparing last week and finished off yesterday! It has been great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun person to be!

    Great choice and a fab blog, I can't think why I haven't found it before.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome choice and great photos! Well done! Mama Monster is fab, I saw her in concert last year - love, love, love her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Debs, thank you! It was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Talei! I would love to see Mama Monster in the flesh - am sooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing pics, Gina! Lady Gaga is a great choice. Loved the tribute to Talli's book, too. You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Jamie! She is fun & fab! Thanks for loving the Talli tribute - it turned out way better than I had ever hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant choice! Love the way you designed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my god this is an amazing post. I actually thought they were all pictures of Gaga before I looked closely. You are brilliant! Gold star for effort, it has to be said! And brilliant choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks, Rebecca! How lovely of you to say such nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Gina. Great choice!! I have to admit I thought they were all of Gaga too until I looked closer so a huge well done! Great blog too - now following as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Denise, welcome and a huge thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW. This is so impressive! You definitely got the look in all of the pictures! Loved all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Len, thank you! I had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think you give Lady Gaga some real competition! :) So nice connecting with you today, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh, your pics are awesome! And I love that even the dog got in on the act. How fun, this is a fabulous post. So glad to have discovered your blog through the Launch Party!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Totally awesome! I think the most brilliant thing about Lady Gaga is that she can probably go out in public without a bit of makeup on and no one recognizes her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Liz - thanks and you too!

    Julie - Thank you, yes the dog loves photos!

    Alleged Author - totally!

    Jemi - Thanks! You may be right there!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, what a star! Love your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like how you and Talli both dressed up. Your pictures are fabulous! I think Lady Gaga know how to get attention.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Gina .. good to meet you - or is was it Lady Gaga .. she'd frighten me I think! Except I'm sure she's empathetic to stick in the muds ..

    Your costumes are great, the photos fantastic .. and the idea - ideal for Talli's Who am I if I want to be anyone day ...

    Fun - cheers & enjoy the rest of the champers .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, Glynis - thank you!

    Theresa, hello - Lady Gaga sure knows how to get attention. I really got into this!

    Hi, Hilary - good to meet you too! Thanks for the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'd love to be that good at applying makeup...

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that dog-handbag. Hilarious!

    I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your pick! Lady Gaga is awesome, although I agree with you about the meat dress, being a vegetarian too. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just popped back by to tell you you've been invited to Friday Bloffee at my place:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Deniz, I'd love to wear OTT makeup all the time but definitely don't have the time to apply every day!

    LR - Hello, I love my dog-handbag. It does attract some odd stares!

    Hi Cherie, thanks and yes, she's awesome!

    Hello Creepy Query Girl (aka Katie) That sounds fab, I'm adding it to my phone calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Gina,Auntie Wendy here,Your Photos are Good,love the Hair with Drinks Cans in,Dare you to go out like it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Just found your blog through Creepy Queery Girl's post. I love Lady Gaga's boldness! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. You did an outstanding job complete with outrageous photos! I had to look through these a few times to catch all of the classic details! And you still maintained your "Poker Face!" Julie

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello Auntie Wendy! Thank you, I think people would laugh if I went shopping at Westwood Cross with the cans in my hair. Mind you, could start a new fashion craze... xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi, Audrey - Thanks!

    Hi, Julie - Thank you, I cracked a little in the photo with the dog-handbag, there is a ghost of a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hello from a fellow Gina! I stopped by from Katie's morning Bloffee. What an awesome looking blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi! I had to come see where you "live" in the blogosphere; thanks for your follow! I'll try to follow back but right now it's not letting me. How fun that you did all that unique Lady Gaga dress up!! You look very cute. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi there, Gina. *waves* This is my first time here (newest follower), and I LOVE your blog.

    Love your Gaga interpretation. *applauds* I'm glad, however, that you skipped her heinous meat ensemble. I'm not a vegetarian, and I hated that. (can you imagine how much she must have stunk?) But she's fun and interesting and intriguing and talented.

    I adore Talli, and wish her much success with her sophomore book. She's delightful.

    Happy weekend,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hello, Gina (that sure seems strange to type!) - Thanks!

    Thanks, Carol for stopping by!

    Hi, Lola. How nice to meet you! Thanks for the comments about the Gaga blog. I imagine the stench wearing and after removing the meat-dress must've been awful. I agree with you about Talli, I really enjoy her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  51. This post is loaded with awesome! Thanks for mentioning Talli. She's such a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  52. gaga's a good pick. i admire her fearlessness as well.

    ReplyDelete