Monday, 12 September 2011

Cake, why did you let me down?

To celebrate my birthday I decided to make my own cake. Now this may be a little sad but I do need the practise as I am in charge of making a cake for my cousin’s 18th, at the end of this month. I partially squidged the top layer by accident while icing it and I was so angry! Being the rather impatient type I only spent four and a half hours decorating it. I know that I’ll have to be super-patient to create an artistic masterpiece for my cousin.



                                              
The three layers consisted of a heart-shaped vanilla sponge base and two higher tiers of chocolate marble cake, sandwiched together with butter cream. I made all the decorations, even attempting sugar flowers (which I have never made before).


I was super lucky and Husband treated me to a meal out on the Friday before my birthday. And my present? A kindle! Yay! I am so excited to be able to fill it with literary delights. Husband also bought me a gorgeous, amethyst dress which I paired with some metallic sandals I had forgotten about. Easy to do considering I don’t know how many pairs of shoes I actually own. Maybe three hundred? I think I’m a bit of a hoarder!

Dress & Shoes

Earrings & Ruffles.
               
Are you a hoarder? A collector of something unusual? Does your partner/husband/wife/parent/child stash vast amounts of something you really wish they wouldn’t?
Off now to attempt to make more sugar paste flowers. Must. Learn. Patience.


3 comments:

  1. Yay for Kindles! And that cake looks glorious!

    I'm not a hoarded. More of a thrower-outer!

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hate throwing things out - makes me kind of sad!

    ReplyDelete