Monday, 8 August 2011

Adoration - Poem

I thought I'd share a poem I wrote for my father way back in 2009.  "Adoration" was previously published in a collection, joined by three hundred plus poems by other poets.  I must admit I have not read them all yet!


Adoration 

You used to read to me stories of mystery
With voices many and images bountiful.
Green elephants, peas, beans and bacon
Is it any wonder it’s the writer road I have taken?

You taught through your own disposition,
You with a book or paper always on chair arm
A rubber-grip pen flicking between thoughtful fingers,
Feet upon table bare.

From hands of creativity came paintings, benches,
Tomes and more,
From sanding doors to pastel chalked
And water painted pictures from mind so full.

Elevated to platform high
That mere mortals cannot even hope to crawl,
Fore upon it sits
An adored Father after all.

1 comment: