Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Tuesday in Broadstairs

For the second day of Easter break Son and I headed to Broadstairs.  Broadstairs is one of my favourite places in Thanet.  The main sands are always picture perfect, the shops full of interesting pieces and the ice-creams are always tempting!  I love walking up the winding slope and past Bleak House, where Charles Dickens once resided, with its shell embedded wall.  

We bought books from one of the charity shops, picked a cake from the bakers, licked ice-creams from Morellis and basked on the sand.

The day was ended with a jaunt to the park, where I attempted to play football with Son while wearing highly inappropriate footwear (flip-flops) and keep control of a bouncing husky who, surprisingly, laid down long enough for photos!


Matching colours!



Softie ice-cream from Morellis...yum!

What a shame it doesn't last!


I love the vibrancy of these leaves.

Beautiful blue Broadstairs sky.

Viking Bay with Bleak House in the distance.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, that place looks wonderful. Beautiful dog as well… I’ll give you book a read when I can, thx for sharing and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff! Broadstairs is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete